Bespoke versus standard furniture
Did you know that in addition to our varied collection of sofas, chairs and footstools, we also offer a bespoke service? You hear that word a lot these days but what is the difference between a bespoke item of furniture and a standard piece?
Really, it comes down to your specific style preferences and your requirements.
Bespoke may sound complicated, time consuming or expensive but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, you may just want to make one tiny tweak – and voila – you have your very own bespoke sofa.
The great thing about a bespoke order is that you can be as involved and creative as you like or simply issue a couple of instructions and leave the rest to us. Either way, you have a piece of furniture that is unique to you.
With anything that’s being made to order, as all our furniture is, don’t be afraid to ask if you can make changes. Sometimes these don’t cost any extra money at all and will result in you having something you really love, instead of settling for a design that isn’t exactly how you wanted it.
It may be a different colour piping on the cushions, no buttons where there usually are or different colour feet….the possibilities are endless….well, almost.
Of course, our standard sofas are already perfect in our eyes and luckily, the majority of our customers agree as we sell predominantly from our existing collections.
WHY A STANDARD ORDER IS BEST FOR YOU?
• You want the classic Chesterfield everyone recognizes
• You want a new chair or sofa ASAP
• You don’t have any special requirements
• You don’t want to be involved in the production process
• You’re fine with letting the craftsmen do what they do best
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU NEED A BESPOKE ITEM?
• You want something to fit your requirements exactly, such as:
➢ Less depth and/or height if you have shorter-than-average legs
➢ more depth and/or height if you have longer-than-average legs
➢ You need specific dimensions to fit a particular space in your home
• If you are interested in getting involved in the production process because:
➢ You like the idea of being “the designer of your sofa”
➢ You want to let your creative side take control
• You have specific taste
➢ What you want doesn’t exist, but with the right company, you can make it a reality
• Time is no object – some more complicated requests will take additional time, you must be prepared to wait
• Money is no object – while some bespoke requests may be free, most will involve an additional fee – after all, this is being created especially for you
• You want something unique, no one else has
You may have experienced bespoke services in other areas of your life and simply appreciate having something you know you won’t see anywhere else
Either way, all of our sofas are hand made to order in our workshops here in the UK and made to the highest standards. As certified manufacturers of Chesterfields, we are proud of our collections – bespoke or standard – and we believe you will be proud of your purchase too.